-
February 25th, 2004, 06:04 AM
#1
HB Forum Owner
I accidently came across something on Ebay while doing a completely unrelated search. I am so freaked out, I never heard of such a thing and I cannot for the life of me figure out why anybody would want one of these. YULCH!!!! Really, read the descriptions! Bizarre!!!!
Click here for a search on them:
REBORNS
Anyone else come across any other trippy ebay finds? Post em here!
Ever hear of this one?
GHOST IN JAR
-
February 25th, 2004, 11:02 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I don't get it Rocky... they're dolls, right? Granted they're very detailed dolls, but I don't get what's so [img]eek.gif[/img] about them.
I's dum. [img]confused.gif[/img] Heh. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
February 25th, 2004, 06:14 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
Ok, this is why they freak me out. Adult women are paying HUNDREDS of dollars for these dolls that they are pretending are real babies! They weight the bodies so they feel real, add little heaters so they are warm, paint in veins and drool, they buy a whole wardrobe for them, furniture, toys, bottles, change their diapers, take pictures of them in different baby poses...PRETEND THEY ARE REAL BABIES! You don't think that's completely whacked? Is it just me? It's like they're playing with little corpses or something!
-
February 25th, 2004, 07:23 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Ah... I see. I guess I didn't read that far into the descriptions, that is kind of weird. Not nearly as weird as what went through my mind when I saw the title and the pictures... reborn? I won't even say it. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
-
February 25th, 2004, 10:00 PM
#5
HB Forum Owner
Totally! I came across them accidently when searching for jewelers tools. I came across a tool that said it was used for "opening up the mouths and noses of reborns". I was like, "THE HELL...?" I thought they were, yeesh, preserved stillborn babies or something! I was ready to report it to Ebay, but then read thru a few of them completely...it was hardly comforting to figure out what they really were!
Why don't these people just HAVE a real baby if they want one so badly, or do you think those collectors are just not sane?
-
February 25th, 2004, 11:30 PM
#6
Inactive Member
As cruel as this sounds, I would like to buy one of these dolls and perform "experiments" on it. You know - put it in a stroller and fawn over it, and then WHOOPS! The stroller accidentally flies into traffic, or down a flight of stairs.
People's reactions would be priceless. Then again, so would the lawsuits, I imagine.
<font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ February 25, 2004 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Floydly ]</font>
-
February 26th, 2004, 01:40 AM
#7
HB Forum Owner
Or put a tape-player inside of one, with child screams. Beat the stuffing out of the doll in a family park, like Lionel in BrainDead (Dead Alive in America)... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
February 26th, 2004, 10:04 AM
#8
HB Forum Owner
-
February 26th, 2004, 10:48 PM
#9
HB Forum Owner
Ok, enough of that...how about a Monkey Skull necklace?!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4171
-
March 21st, 2004, 11:11 PM
#10
HB Forum Owner
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks